Monday, June 4, 2018

expressions - How should I bid farewell to a superior?


My boss is leaving soon after years of service. What would be a good way for me to express my gratitude for all of his guidance and help?


I am somewhat familiar with the expression お世話になりました but am unsure if this is an appropriate occasion to use it. Are there other phrases that would be more suitable in a corporate environment?



Answer



I would say the expression お世話になりました is spot on. Especially since you are trying to express gratitude for guidance, which is contained in the word 世話 "looking after; help; aid; assistance". Moreover, お世話になりました is formal and certainly suitable for a corporate environment. To adapt it to your situation, you could say, e.g.




長い間お世話になりました。



No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...