Wednesday, June 27, 2018

filters - Mixed time/frequency domain data


I'm afraid this might be a bit of an elementary question, but I'm afraid I'm a little new to this. I've got a system that measures a frequency spectrum to find resonant frequencies. It does this by applying an impulse, and then performs a linear sweep through a range of frequencies measuring the amplitude of the response.


As far as I can tell, this seems to produce data that contains both frequency- and time-domain information, because the frequency being measured changes over time. The results seem to agree with this: the initial impulse decays over "time", with individual excitations being visible at various frequencies. See here for an example (frequency on the horizontal axis, amplitude on the vertical): enter image description here



I would like to remove from this data the "time" component, leaving just the resonant responses. I have tried mirroring the data, then deconvolving a "top hat" function, and FTing the result, but I am not convinced this corresponds to anything meaningful. Could anyone provide any insight?




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...