Thursday, March 16, 2017

kana - Stroke order for han-dakuten



Is there one? Or does it even matter? I personally start at the top and go clockwise. Just curious.




Update: I realized the other day that the reason I start at the 12-o'clock position and go clockwise is because this is the same motion (more or less) used when writing あ, お, め, ぬ, の, etc.



Answer



Well, a han-dakuten isn't a kanji, so I would say that it doesn't matter one way or another. However, the actual kanji has a "stroke order" (stroke direction?) of a single stroke starting at the top and going counter-clockwise. (Link) So, if does have one, my bet is that's what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...