Saturday, March 25, 2017

calendar - "לְחֹדֶשׁ שְׁנֵים עָשָׂר" in the Megillah and Al Hanisim



As I was reading Al Hanisim this year, something odd struck me "לְחֹדֶשׁ שְׁנֵים עָשָׂר" - the 12th month. What struck me was that this year is a leap year so we actually celebrated Purim in the 13th month Adar Sheini (bet). What is the significance of mentioning לְחֹדֶשׁ שְׁנֵים עָשָׂר, it seems to imply Purim should be in the 12th month - which halachically is not so....?


Also, based on Why is Purim on Adar II during a leap year?, thanks @Yishai, I would like to add to my question -Why does the megillah emphasize "bi-Shloshah Asar le-Chodesh Shneim Asar" - that Purim was in the 12th month?




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...