Saturday, January 28, 2017

physical chemistry - A quick method for separating liquids?


I'm looking for a way to take 3 separate liquids (liquids which function as paint -- they will all be different colors), put them together into a container, and then rapidly separate them back to distinct colors.


I can handle all the electrical engineering aspects of my project, but this portion is beyond me. Does anyone have any ideas?



When I say "a quick method", I mean something that can be done easily without an excess of time or equipment. Ideally an way to make the paints intrinsically immiscible, but I need to be able to separate them entirely, so that when they are poured together into a container, I can then separate and reuse them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...