Friday, January 27, 2017

Adaptive filtering: Optimum filter length and delay


I'm trying to find the optimum filter length for an Adaptive Filtering, using RLS Algorithm.


I'm using this design:


So the "error" signal is the signal without noise (and that's the signal that I want).


If I have $e(n) = d(n)-y(n)$ but $d(n)$ is my desired signal, I need that $e(n) \rightarrow 0$ so I find the optimum filter length (and the delay) using the MSE criterion, but now I have the signal that I want as the error, so I don't know how to find the optimum filter length, because I have NO idea what MSE do I have to get at the output!


Can anyone tell me what should I do?


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...