Saturday, April 14, 2018

halacha theory - Is a mishna or a baraysa more authoritative?


Often, an opinion in a baraysa (by which I mean to include tosefta and any other non-mishna text of tanaim's halachic statements) and an opinion in a mishna differ on a matter of law. Is there any weight of authority given to either over the other in determining the halacha? (Assume that the tanaim in the mishna and baraysa are anonymous or are such that there is no rule to determine which tana per se has the weight of authority with respect to the other.)


(I've never seen such that I recall, but I don't recall ever learning of its absence. Someone asked me this today, and I was unable to answer it definitively.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...