Saturday, April 14, 2018

frequency - Doppler shift in time domain?


I have some clarifications required in this topic So initially I know that to shift a signal $X(f)$ by $f_0$ we need to take its inverse fourier transform and multiply it with a factor of $\exp(−j2\pi f_0)$.




  • Now as I understand it, in the frequency domain the spectrum is shifted by the value of $f_0$ from its original frequency, correct?





  • So therefore, is the frequency of my original signal $x(t)$ actually increasing/decreasing?(depending again on the value specified by $f_0$)




Now coming to my problem at hand, I'm trying to design a receiver which compensates for doppler effect.




  • And as I've read up a doppler shift is nothing but an increase in frequency so am I on the right track in considering a frequency shift or should I actually consider a frequency scaling approach?





  • Or can someone tell me what exactly does a Doppler shift in frequency have an effect in the time domain?






No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...