Sunday, February 12, 2017

What is the most lucid, intuitive explanation for the various FTs - CFT, DFT, DTFT and the Fourier Series?


Even after having studied these for quite sometime, I tend to forget [if I'm out of touch for a while] how they are related to each other and what each stands for [since they have such similar sounding names]. I'm hoping you'd come up with an explanation that is so intuitive and mathematically beautiful that they'll get embedded into my memory for ever and this thread will serve as a super quick refresher whenever I [or anyone else] needs it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...