Monday, February 20, 2017

impulse response - LTI system output


I compute the output of a LTI system, can someone tell me if my answer is right..? and help me with my others questions?



The impulse response is: $h(n) = \left(\frac{1}{2}\right)^nu(n)$ , entry is $x(n)=u(n)-u(n-1)$ in which $u(n)$ is unit sequence.


(1) We know that the outpout of this LTI system is $y(n)=x(n)*h(n)$


(2) If replace we take $y(n)=(u(n)-u(n-1))*h(n)=u(n)h(n)-u(n-1)h(n)$


(3) $u(n)*h(n)=h(n)$ and $u(n-1)*h(n)=h(n-1)$


As a result: $y(n)=h(n)-h(n-1) = \left(\frac{1}{2}\right)^nu(n) - \left(\frac{1}{2}\right)^{n-1}u(n-1)$


My Questions:



  1. First of all is this solution right?

  2. How we know that the equations (3) stand?

  3. Always in these systems in the entry is the unit sequence?





No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...