Friday, February 17, 2017

Discrete-time Fourier transform


I am a junior high school student who has a general fascination for electronics, programming, and the like. Recently, I have been learning about signal processing.


Unfortunately, I haven't done much calculus yet (forgive me), so I am a little fuzzy on things.





  • If you were to compute the DTFT of a signal, what would be the difference between a $\sin$ or $\cos$ representation of that signal?




  • With the DTFT I understand that the signal you input would be discrete in time, but how in the world can you achieve a continuous signal in the frequency domain?




  • This leads to my second question, which is: how is the DTFT useful? Where has it been used with most applications and why?





I would appreciate any help.




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...