Sunday, February 12, 2017

tefilin - Wearing Talit and Tefillin at Mincha


I put on my tallit and my tefillin for Shacharit on each appropriate weekday morning. But I do not wear them when I go back to shul to daven mincha. It is still day, so there would be no issue of night-time not being proper for tzitzit and I would be in the proper frame of mind to wear tefillin (the notes in the Artscroll say that the commandment to wear tefillin aren't limited to morning prayers -- in fact, many sages wore them throughout the day, but we do not because we lack the purity of body and thought -- but I have these during prayer, apparently).


The chazzan wears his tallit during mincha but I do not (though I still have my tallit katan on). Why would I not wear it in the same way that I would for Shacharit? IIRC, I wear it for mincha on Yom Kippur.


Are there any groups which make it a consistent practice to don the tallit and tefillin during a weekday mincha (having already done so in Shacharit)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...