Thursday, November 1, 2018

product recommendation - Can I find the etrog "hay"?


Until about 10 years ago, etrogim were wrapped in hemp (flax weed). It was messy, but it kept the etrogim fresh for much longer than the foam does. I also find that the combination of the foam and the etrog box (esp. silver ones) create more moisture, and eventually, mold.


Is there some place (in NYC area) where I can get etrogim wrapped in hay or just the hay itself? (I can do the wrapping.)


FYI - Most years, when I wrapped it in the hay and kept it in the cardboard box, it shrank minimally and did not dry out to the point where I was able to use it the following year. My current year's etrog is still fine and yellow and fresh-looking. If I can find some hay, now, I may be able to salvage it for this coming Succot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...