Wednesday, October 31, 2018

FIR Filter Design - input parameters conversion


I am new to DSP and filter design. I have developed a code in C++ to calculate FIR coefficients using Parks-McClellan algorithm. The inputs to calculations are:



  1. Filter type (Low-Pass, High-Pass)

  2. Passband Freq [Hz]

  3. Stopband Freq [Hz]

  4. Passband Ripple [dB]

  5. Stopband Attenuation [dB].



I got a new requirement for inputs, namely to use: 1. Cutoff freq (6dB@1.6kHz) 2. Slope [24dB/octave].


Is there a way to convert these inputs into the inputs I used in my C++ code, as listed above?


Or, more general question, how to design FIR filter with custom slope?


Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...