Thursday, August 30, 2018

sources mekorot - "Evil Inclination" History



I'm a Christian who wants to know more about history of the Jewish concept of "The Evil Inclination". (I find myself often arguing against saint Augustine's Original Sin theology and the more early sources the better).


1) Anyway I'm interested in the Theological Development of that idea. What are the earliest direct references as far as Books of the Bible, Lexicon terms, midrash, quotes from sages and so on.


2) Concerning the use of this term by contemporary rabbi's as a kind of allegorical interpretation of the Serpent in the Garden of Genesis, are there likewise early sources for that? (This interpretation appears to me as something that came with later Judaism, like a medieval sage etc.)


Anyway, I look forward to hearing your responses!




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...