Monday, September 11, 2017

organic chemistry - Is it possible to make micelles to pick up Microplastics from water?


I'd like to know if I could get micelles to pick up microplastics in water. I read that microplastics are sometimes charged, so can we make the lyophobic end to pick up microplastics, so that they can then be collected on the water surface and be easily disposed? This is the idea I'm planning to pitch for a science fair, is this actually feasible? I read that detergent micelles work well even in hard water, so can we use such detergent micelles to pick up microplastics?


Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...