Saturday, September 9, 2017

discrete signals - How to count the number of threads in a bolt or nut using image processing?


How can I count the number of threads in a Nut with image processing?


I know that I need to find the place of threads and count them. Ok, But how can I find the place of threads?


This is a sample image:


An image from a Nut


Update As I know I need to do these steps:




  1. Making image ready. For example az @A_A sayed, with Thresholding

  2. Remove noise and just keep threads in the image

  3. Count threads. maybe using signal processing


Level 1 is solved. What should I do for 2 and 3?


For example this is what I did for a bolt. I got a sample of a vertical line in the middle of the nut then plotted the data. But I don't know how to remove additional parts and count up and downs.


enter image description here enter image description here


Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

periodic trends - Comparing radii in lithium, beryllium, magnesium, aluminium and sodium ions

Apparently the of last four, $\ce{Mg^2+}$ is closest in radius to $\ce{Li+}$. Is this true, and if so, why would a whole larger shell ($\ce{...